Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Colours, Silly Thoughts

Here's another page from the journal I'm working on for my friend Holly:


After I covered the page in those great pink dots, I kind of got stuck... so I dug through my stash and found a collage sheet I got from Nancy Baumiller's Crowabout shop - honestly, you should check out her stuff.  It's amazing, and sometimes it's just the kick of inspiration I need to get me going again.  I cut out that semi-circle with the "10" at the top and glued it down, and from there everything started flowing again! 

I have the day off today and the kids will be at school, so I'll have just over EIGHT HOURS to do my own thing... now I just have to decide whether I'll spend any of that time doing housework or other mom-stuff - or if I'll just do the mad-scientist-in-the-craft-room routine that I love so much.  I'll let you know how it turns out - and if you do come over to visit, don't judge me on the state of my kitchen.  Heeee! 

Love Shelley!

2 comments:

  1. I say play mad scientist! You can always clean... like whenever.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to comment on this post too! This is fantastic! Such a great page and your text is super fabilicious! Is that a word? lol All I can say is try everything! :O) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...