Sunday, April 26, 2009

At long last!

Man, did I ever have a hard time finishing these sympathy cards. I knew I wanted to use this double-sided cardstock for the main card, and I picked out a die to cut them out that would still fit in a standard envelope. So far, so good.

Then I started 'accessorizing' it, and it still looked so naked! Probably because there were ZERO layers on top of the card itself - practically unheard of around here.

I sewed the button to the two flowers. Boring. I added the scalloped circle underneath. Not much difference. I inked the edges to give it some contrast... eh. Things got better when I added the chocolate ribbon and offset it to the side. Finally I put it up on pop dots to give it just a little more jazz. That worked out really well - now what about the bottom area of the card?

I stamped the sentiment on some very subtly patterned paper. I loved how it looked, and then when I die cut it, it looked even better. I lightly sponged the edges, then decided to try this new crackle glaze I picked up yesterday. TURNS OUT IT KIND OF MAKES THE INK RUN. When I originally did this stamping, it was very crisp, and a cooler shade of brown. The crackle gave it much softer edges and actually warmed up the colour of the ink. Luckily, I love it. But this has been a public service announcement: dye ink is water-soluble.

And here's the inside! Wheeeee! I don't have a lot to say about it because it's not too spectacular. But the layered shape gives it enough interest that, along with sponging the edges, I didn't even think it needed anything else.
Now if you will excuse me, the cookie dough should be just about ready to eat I mean bake.
Hope you had a great weekend!
Love Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...