Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Unfinished Business Part I

You know that overwhelmed feeling?  I get it sometimes.


I had a brainwave a few days ago though.  I thought, hey, what if, in January, instead of setting a bunch of new resolutions, I spend some time FINISHING all the shit I've started over the past year?

Then I got an even BETTER idea: how about if I spend some time NOW finishing all that shit so that when January comes, I have a clear path ahead of me, and I can do something truly astonishing?

Yeah!  So I made a list of all the stuff that's sitting unfinished and taking up space in my head.  I've already gotten a couple out of the way but there's a long way to go.

Granted, there are a couple of things on the list that I need help with.  I bought weatherstripping for the front and back doors, and Mike half-jokingly said he would do it "so it's done right."  Normally I would smack him for making a comment like that, but last year about this time I tried to weatherstrip the back door and accidentally glued it shut.  So yeah, I'm going to let him take the lead on this one.

And honestly? I know some of these jobs are small jobs, but for some reason in my head they've taken on this monumental status, and I've just been procrastinating them forever.  But now that I've told you about them, I'm kind of committed to taking action, aren't I?  Let's see... it's Oct 30.  I'll report back in on Nov 30.  Anyone want to join me?  Just add a comment saying what you're going to finish in the next month.  We can be accountable together.

Love Shelley!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be taking all the stuff I've been collecting in my Reverse 100 Thing Challenge to new 'homes'.

    By the way, I just noticed your awards sections. Congrats on being the leader in such an honorable field ;P

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...