Monday, June 29, 2009

So there's this guy at work who has seen the cards I make, and asked me to do up some "manly" cards for him. "You know," he said, "Something with hunting, or fishing, maybe with GUNS on the front or something."

Eeeeeeyeah.

I told him I would see what I could come up with.

I'll admit, I'm having a hard time with this assignment. I found some fishing stickers that I thought might work all right... here's the first card I made. Do you think the colours are manly enough? (And I couldn't resist, I had to put those little bubbles over the fish. Some habits die hard!)



This one will be a retirement card, once I pick out a sentiment for the inside.

I eked out a second card, not that I love it or anything, but who knows... he might! It's hard to make fishing cards when you're not really feeling the fishing love, you know?



And then finally I think I hit my groove. I quite like this one, with the fish all popped up on various combinations of pop dots to make it look like it's mounted on a plaque on the wall. Do you think the stripey paper makes it look like wallpaper?



I still have to make a few more, so hopefully I can keep coming up with ideas. Strangely enough, there aren't many stickers or stamps with GUNS on them... heh. I guess it would be worrisome if there were. Why can't this guy be into flowers, or sunsets, or BUNNIES or something???

Stay tuned. (Also, send help.)

Love Shelley!

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job. And the last one is fantastic (yes I think the stripes look like wallpaper). I'm having a dilemma in the same area. My brother has been wanting me to paint him a largemouth bass forever and I just can't get inspired to paint a fish. I've made several attempts with no luck. But as you've shown here perseverance can get the job done. I'm sure your co-worker will love them.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...